Considering a journey through pluralism...

PHaR member Kisane Prutton, @psyckis on Twitter, reflects on our most recent meeting:





24th October 2019

In today’s PHaR group gathering, we explored pluralism in the context of qualitative research, centring our discussion on the paper: Dempsey, M., Foley, S., Frost, N., Murphy, R., Willis, N., Robinson, S., Dunn-Galvin, A., Veale, A., Linehan, C., Pantidi, N. & McCarthy, J. (2019). Am I lazy, a drama queen or depressed? A journey through a pluralistic approach to analysing accounts of depression. Qualitative Research in Psychology, 1-19 (Online). DOI: 10.1080/14780887.2019.1677833

Dempsey et al define the purpose of pluralism to ‘understand meanings in data by bringing different perspectives to it. These may be analytical, methodological or theoretical ….’ (Dempsey et al, 2019, p.2). Using a shared data set on depression, the article aimed to shed light on the authors’ respective methodological approaches: Narrative analysis (NA), discourse analysis (DA), Foucauldian discourse analysis (FDA) and thematic analysis (TA).

The paper prompted a rich discussion among the PHaR participants, all pretty much in agreement that such a paper provided a welcome insight into the relative approaches of the selected methods. We felt the significance of the work therefore needed to be acknowledged and the authors congratulated for pursuing and achieving a publication. Being analytical, we noted the array of methods and concluded that the selection was probably driven by the interests of the individual researchers, rather than a strong theoretical rationale. We also would have liked to have seen more detailed insights from the data and reflections from the researchers, in particular to illuminate the differences between FDA and DA; however, writing up qualitative work for publication is always challenged by limitations on space.


The article describes the authors as a ‘fledgling research cluster’ (Dempsey et al, 2019, p4); it must have been a lot of fun to experience, share and learn from such a collaboration.

Comments

  1. I AM MRS. LINDA AND I WANT To TESTIFY ABOUT HOW DR AKHERE HELPED ME IN GETTING BACK MY EX HUSBAND WHO LEFT ME AND MY KIDS FOR ANOTHER WOMAN AND TODAY I AM VERY FULFILLED BECAUSE MY HUSBAND Is BACK To ME AFTER I CONTACTED DR AKHERE TO HELP ME , I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr AKHERE once again, if you want to reach him via email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346



































    I AM MRS. LINDA AND I WANT To TESTIFY ABOUT HOW DR AKHERE HELPED ME IN GETTING BACK MY EX HUSBAND WHO LEFT ME AND MY KIDS FOR ANOTHER WOMAN AND TODAY I AM VERY FULFILLED BECAUSE MY HUSBAND Is BACK To ME AFTER I CONTACTED DR AKHERE TO HELP ME , I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr AKHERE once again, if you want to reach him via email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346





















































































    I AM MRS. LINDA AND I WANT To TESTIFY ABOUT HOW DR AKHERE HELPED ME IN GETTING BACK MY EX HUSBAND WHO LEFT ME AND MY KIDS FOR ANOTHER WOMAN AND TODAY I AM VERY FULFILLED BECAUSE MY HUSBAND Is BACK To ME AFTER I CONTACTED DR AKHERE TO HELP ME , I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr AKHERE once again, if you want to reach him via email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346



































    I AM MRS. LINDA AND I WANT To TESTIFY ABOUT HOW DR AKHERE HELPED ME IN GETTING BACK MY EX HUSBAND WHO LEFT ME AND MY KIDS FOR ANOTHER WOMAN AND TODAY I AM VERY FULFILLED BECAUSE MY HUSBAND Is BACK To ME AFTER I CONTACTED DR AKHERE TO HELP ME , I'm very happy now with my family it worked for me and I believe it will work for you too just give him a try and follow up this is a clear truth from a testifier. Thank you Dr AKHERE once again, if you want to reach him via email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


    Call/WhatsApp +234807051667586

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must confess to you that im really in love with such a great content coming from you and the way you take to enduce your audience I do respect that so much. I will instantly get your lrss and stay informed of any updates you make and as well take the advantage to share some vital information regarding the.How to get a credit card numbers with cvv and zip code alongside a canadian passportbuy-clone-card-clone-card-for-salecounterfeit-money-for-salebuy fake bank statement buy real-bank-statementexpungement criminal record north carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. The doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. But because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body,But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body without damaging any of your cells,natural herbs kills the virus totally not just reducing the out break. Get natural herbs cure Email DR. VOODOO at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  5. So incredibly beautiful and heartwarming! This blog is very short and well written not consuming any time to read. this is such a helpful post thank you. how-long-does-it-take-to-become-a-canadian-citizen ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts